As you review your trade show exhibit, be especially aware of how your brand is presented graphically. As attendees walk down the aisle at trade shows, you have approximately 3 seconds to engage them. Your whole reason for being there is to get people to stop and see what you are all about, so it is very important that you don’t miss the opportunity to connect with these prospective customers.
Keep these tips in mind when you are designing your trade show exhibit.
- Make sure your display design is consistent throughout the booth and correctly reflects your brand, industry and mission.
- Simple design is good design. One focal point image and a clear message should let viewers know what your company is all about.
- Know your audience and what they expect to see, and create a display that caters to them.
- Bold colors will attract your audience but make sure it is consistent with your branding and messaging.
- Use type fonts that are easy to read from a distance, and use no more than 2 or maybe 3 different typefaces.
- Divide your graphic space into 4 vertical sections with the following ideas –
- Top ¼ should be reserved for a large version of your logo
- The second ¼ should be a headline or brand marketing phrase
- The third section should be at eye level and contain dynamic images and/or a few key bullet points
- The bottom ¼ could contain images but do not put text or important elements here because in most cases, the lower sections will be blocked by people or objects.
7. A hanging sign is a great way to get your logo and branding up high in the air where it’s easy to spot on a crowded show floor.
8. Ensure that your exhibit is well lit. It doesn’t make sense to spend all the time to design and produce your exhibit but then realize it’s dark or unevenly illuminated.
If you have questions while preparing your art files, you can refer to this trade show Graphic Guidelines document. Follow these simple graphic guidelines and you will ensure your brand stands out at a busy trade show.
At Exhibit Systems, we have talented designers to help you with your graphic design. Give us a call to set up a meeting to work with you on your next display.