Our creative team was in Las Vegas for the ExhibitorLive 2016 show earlier this year, and when they returned, we sat down and reviewed what we saw as the latest trends in exhibiting and displays. Here’s the top trends from Exhibitor Live that we saw this year:
- LED backlit light boxes were everywhere, including a very unique exhibit that had a light box within a light box that rotated in different directions.
- An extensive use of natural or barn wood treatments in the booth, from flooring to walls. Some exhibits used laminate that looked like wood and some were actual wood.
- Bright, neon colors used in the graphic design, with neon green being a favorite.
- High quality pre-show marketing campaigns that led to an in-booth user experience. This is important because it drives traffic to their booth and gave the attendees an in-booth experience that I’m sure led to qualified leads. The gold is always in the follow-up though!
- Usage of various forms of technology and multimedia, including virtual reality, touch screens and hi-definition monitors.
- Extensive use of dye sub SEG fabric graphics, in some cases used in place of wood or laminate to look exactly like wood or laminate.
- Increasing use of LED lights in both a static color and changing colors, creating a warm, attention-getting awareness.
- From a design standpoint, large, elaborate curves and unique fabric structures as well as overhead free flowing hanging signs that reach all the way to the floor.
- And the extruded aluminum structures are still very popular, and for good reason. Aluminum is lightweight, easy to set up and has a nice, clean look.
Overall, it was a great event to attend, with lots of good ideas, exciting designs and plenty of networking opportunities. When you are ready to start planning your next exhibit, contact us to schedule a discovery meeting.