Keep these graphic tips in mind as you review your trade show exhibit, and be especially aware of how your brand is presented graphically. As attendees walk down the aisle at trade shows, you have approximately 3 seconds to engage them. Your whole reason for being there is to get people to stop and see what you are all about, so it is very important that you don’t miss the opportunity to connect with these prospective customers.
Keep these graphic tips in mind when you are designing your trade show exhibit.
- Make sure your logo and branding appear at the upper portion of your display.
- If you have a tag line or company message, put it just below your logo but still in the upper third of your display.
- If you need to add more information, use easy to read bullet points or images that explain and complement your brand. These some appear at eye level on your display
- If you are using images, make sure they are high quality, sharp and in focus.
- Avoid busy patterns in the background. Keep it clean and engaging
- Keep in mind the colors you use, they should complement your brand colors. Bright, bold colors are popular currently.
- Use type fonts that are easy to read, avoid fonts that are too fancy. The text should be easy to read from a distance.
- Simple design is good design. One focal point image and a clear message should let viewers know what your company is all about.
Make sure your display design is consistent throughout the booth and correctly reflects your brand, industry and mission. You show know your audience and what they expect to see, and create a display that caters to them.
A hanging sign is also a great way to get your logo and branding up high in the air where it’s easy to spot on a crowded show floor.
Ensure that your exhibit is well lit. It doesn’t make sense to spend all the time to design and produce your exhibit but then realize it’s dark or unevenly illuminated.
If you have questions while preparing your art files, you can refer to this Graphic Guidelines document. Follow these simple graphic guidelines and you will ensure your brand stands out at a busy trade show.
At Exhibit Systems, we have talented designers to help you with your graphic design. Give us a call to set up a meeting to work with you on your next display.